There are so many great physical therapy certifications, its tough to keep track! As the field of physical therapy evolves, practitioners seek ways to further their knowledge and convey their commitment to learning. As a new graduate, it’s a little hard to keep track of all the letters after your colleagues’ names, much less figure out which of the physical therapy certifications to pursue and how you want to carve out your own path of career growth and specialization.
The aim of this article is:
- To inform you what title/certification/specialty each acronym stands for. This will help you stay informed and not looking like an ass.
- To explain each title/certification/specialty’s relevance within the PT field. This will save you from pursuing a certification that will mean very little in our own profession.
- To categorize each item into areas that suit your areas of professional interest. This will enable you to focus on whatever particular area interests you.
- To help you weigh the financial value of each option, considering your professional goals. Some initials are quite expensive to maintain. We’ll show you which ones pay off for new grads.
- To provide basic resources to get started toward the right credentials for your career path. Want to work toward your OCS? We’ll show you how to take the first steps.
For Free To Keep Reading!
Sign up once and get access to every article, ebook, video and podcast all 100% free. Join 1,000+ subscribers today!